So, I was
wasting time on social media, I mean working hard this morning when I came across a post from a blogger that was simply “25 things you don’t know about her”. Funny thing is, I have never met her, nor really read her blog, but I was curious to learn more and it actually inspired me to do the same. So without further ado, here are 25 things you might not know about me:
- I won a world championship in 2000 in Germany and have represented my country many times on the international stage playing Ultimate Frisbee (you can read all about it in the BC Sports Hall of Fame!)
- I breathe a HUGE sigh of relief every time I see moms with babies or toddlers at the park or grocery store that that isn’t me anymore.
- I suffer from anxiety & panic attacks which rear their ugly head far too often for my liking, are a constant struggle for me and that medication has literally saved me.
- I have a Bachelors degree in Political Science (I know right?!) but it wasn’t until recently that I actually formed a real interest in politics
- I was born in Kingston, Ontario and we moved once per year to a new city (Tornto, Edmonton, Richmond, Calgary) until we settled in Victoria when I was in grade 3
- Apparently I was a residence advisor at UBC the same year my husband was but we didn’t really meet or know each other at the time- we met 10 years later when he worked with my BFF and roommate!
- One of my first jobs ever was as a bus-girl at Red Robin where I met my first real boyfriend (who was also a bus-boy and a year younger than me!) – we dated for a year until I went to UBC and dumped him for a 19 year old hockey player from Ontario #regret
- I used to smoke cigarettes as a teenager, and then again in my early 20’s – quitting was one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.
- I have 6 tattoos (and yes, one is a “tramp stamp” lol)
- I lost a pregnancy at 21 weeks due to a severe birth defect (Spina Bifida), and my 2nd son (who was born healthy) has a minor related birth defect called Duane Syndrome.
- I have always wanted three kids, but fear of losing another baby to a birth defect was too much to bear.
- I have a major texture issue with touching ceramic pots, flour (or anything dusted in flour).
- I haven’t eaten red meat since I was about 12 years old (again, texture issues).
- I skipped a grade in elementary school (ok, so it was Kindergarten but I was still a full year younger than all my classmates growing up).
- I am still close with all of my besties from high school.
- I used to smoke a lot of pot when I was young, but haven’t touched it since I was in my early 20’s. I will allow my kids to try pot when they are older, but only under parental guidance and pot bought from a reputable dispensary.
- The first concert I ever saw was U2’s Joshua Tree Tour 30 years ago at BC Place. It was amazing to see them again at the same venue this past year!
- I spend a ridiculous amount of money to reverse all the sun damage I did to my skin as a teenager (tanning beds and baby oil – ugh!)
- My favourite book of all time is “A Prayer For Owen Meany” by John Irving.
- I would love to travel more but I HATE flying – I get the shakes, nausea, trouble breathing when I get on board, even the thought of flying makes my heart start to race.
- I still obsess about my body and weight, to an almost unhealthy point and it really affects my self esteem.
- If given the choice to go out on the town or stay home on the couch, I would choose couch every time.
- I have no desire to EVER go bungee jumping or skydiving.
- My ultimate bucket list trip would be to bike from town to town around Europe (mostly Switzerland and Italy).
- The sound of someone chewing makes me feel a completely irrational rage (misophonia maybe?!)
So tell me, what are some things I don’t know about you?!