I have been a bit quiet on the blog this past week. But for a good reason! I was
lounging poolside working hard and learning at my very first Mom 2.0 Summit in Scottsdale Arizona.
It was a great week of connecting, meeting new peeps and getting re-inspired for sure and to put everything in one big blog post would be too much so I have compiled the top 31 things I learned (in no particular order)….
The Top 31 Things I learned at Mom 2.0 Summit:
- That Arizona is really freaking hot, even in April and that it is not the best time to choose to do your first 5K run in well over 4 years despite the incentive of a Withings watch from BestBuy
- That opportunity can come at the most unexpected of times, including during a massage (my masseuse wants to start her own business and needs a website)
- That live broadcasting with apps like Periscope and YouNow are all the rage (and that people really love live broadcasts of drunken Canadians)
- That men make awesome makeup artists too. Thanks to Arthur and Dove for all the amazing tips and tricks
- That if you have a blog post that uses “and” in your title, break it up into at least two separate posts (and then write a third wrap up post as well cross linking to the others)
- That a readers time spent on a webpage can offset a high bounce rate
- That you should always use H1, H2 and/or H3 tags in all your posts – this makes it easier for your readers to “skim” your content and of course make you Google-licious for SEO purposes
- That you should use HIGHLY descriptive and optimized board titles in Pinterest
- That you should use Pinterest as a BUSINESS and use RICH PINS (http://business.pinterest.com/rich-pins)
- That you should spend at least 15 mins per day on Pinterest adding pins, re-pinning etc.
- That you should only have 30 boards max on your Pinterest page
- That you should keep your branding/theme consistent on Pinterest to your blog or website
- That users respond much better to “lifestyle” pins versus product posts (eg. for sponsored posts or pins use real life imagery versus just nice shots of product)
- That you should add your rich pin snippet to your YOAST SEO plugin in WordPress
- That you should sign the Pinterest Business Blog emails – they are full of super useful tips and tricks
- That Facebook really doesn’t want your money (ha!) there is just so much content out there you need to make it super engaging to have it seen by your peeps
- That you need to post frequently to Facebook and with a wide variety of content – video, links, images etc
- That is you shoot video you should always shoot in landscape mode for Facebook and include a call to action in your post
- That popular or trending topics and/or opinion posts are super popular on Facebook
- That you should post less frequently for more engagement from your current Facebook audience, post more frequently to grow your audience
- That you should use shorter captions in your Facebook posts. Yes, the less wordy the better.
- That Prosecco is perfectly acceptable to drink at almost any time of the day and that I really, really like it
- That UBER is a pretty cool service, super easy to use, and so handy when out and about!
- That ROI isn’t measured solely on direct sales or sponsored posts, but the connections you make and the people you meet that help “fill your bucket” and maybe eventually your sales funnel as well
- That I am really NOT meant to be a runner – the Run 2.0 around the hilly golf course nearly killed me!
- That you should use your Google Analytics to figure out how people are finding you via Social Networks (Acquisition > Social > Network Referrals)
- That you should really find out what your TOP POSTS via Google Analytics and do more of them (similar topics) because sometimes they are not even close to what you think they might be
- That there are some fantastically smart and generous women out there who really want to help you succeed. Lara Galloway is one of those smart generous women and I am so excited to read her book “Moms Mean Business”
- That I really really really can’t pose properly for a picture so I should just stick with my go-to goofy poses
- That I already love Dove products and the messaging that they relay to women and girls about real beauty and self-esteem, but they were over the top awesome at this conference. Thanks Dove! (and i’m not just saying because they gave me a free massage!)
- That using lists made of “Top 29 or 31” items are the best for reader engagement 😉