A few weeks ago our beloved Springfree trampoline joined our family. My kids have been having a blast daily on it making up all sorts of crazy WWE-esque wrestling games, running the sprinkler on it on warm days or just having a good old sweaty bounce. Of course most of the time, they want me to join in on the fun. And every single time I have to tell them that I can’t join in on their game (trampoline weight limitations aside) and then proceed to try to explain to two 10 and 7 year old boys exactly why bouncing on the trampoline is a BIG challenge for me. It goes a little like this….
“Mom, mom, mom, moooooooommmmmm. Come jump with us”
“Well, I can’t sweetie”
“Whhhhyyyy nooooottttt? Moooommmmmm, you’re no fun!!!”
“Well, because when I had you and your brother things happened to my pelvic floor that make it hard to jump without….”
“Without doing what? And what’s a pelvic floor Mom?”
So, what’s a slightly leaky mom to do? Well, you come up with low bounce/no bounce alternatives that still allow you to enjoy some qt with or without the kidlets on the trampoline. Like for instance…
- Crack the Egg – Remember this game? So much fun! Sit on your butt and form a tight ball. Have your kids bounce you and try to knock you over to “crack” you!
- On Yer Back Basketball – Lie on your backs close to the basketball hoop. Take turns shooting. Once you get a basket you slide about a foot backwards (still on your back) and keep shooting. The first person to reach the end of the tramp wins!
- No Bounce Dodgeball – Who doesn’t love an excuse to throw balls at their kids heads?!
- Trampoline Sleep Over – We haven’t tried this one yet, but it’s on the summer bucket list. A warm night, a couple of sleeping bags and the great big sky above.
- Trampoline Yoga – I’ve been going outside onto the trampoline to do some yoga every couple of days. The unstable surface challenges my balance and all my small stabilizer muscles as well. And no bouncing!
So, if you have any creative ways to use your trampoline without bouncing, please comment below!