I am sure any mom out there in the blogosphere who is reading this post has also heard this familiar little ditty play from time to time (thank you Phinaeus and Ferb now if only we had your imaginations)…..
There’s 104 days of summer vacation and school comes along just to end it…but the annual problem for our generation is finding a good way to spend it…like maybe…..
Well folks, this is it. The last day of school. And by that I actually mean last half day since the hoards are being unleashed at exactly 12 oh 1 pm just to stick it to us parents a little more right? And although it’s not quite 104 days of summer vacation, it’s still a solid 75 and that seems VERY daunting to me right now (already placing bets on when the first “i’m bored” is uttered).
Maybe I’m still suffering a little parental PTSD from the teachers strike last year because it feels like there is no way in h-e-double hockey sticks that the school year should be over already. I am so NOT ready! (Did I also mention that Labour day is way late this year too. Oh yeah! September 8th baby. Le sigh.).
Somehow we need to fill these 75 days of summer with fun and exciting activities all while still trying to carve out enough time to keep my business afloat and even to blog from time to time. So last night I started to compile a bucket list of things to do with the kids on the times we are actually in town and not booked into a camp. But with #75daysofsummer, there are a lot of days to fill (even my bucket list below only gets us to about 55 days – GASP!)
In no particular order our Summer Bucket List looks a little like this:
- Camping at Lake Shuswap (5 days)
- Granny Camp on the Island (7 days)
- Boys only camping weekend in Squamish (happy dance, no moms allowed!)
- Day trip to Cultus Lake Waterslides
- Day trip to Cultus Lake Adventure Park
- Day trip to Harrison Lake
- Rip it up at Penzer Bike Park and South Surrey Bike Park
- Camping in Whistler with my BFF and her kids (13 days – woot!)
- Visit friends on the Sunshine Coast
- Go crazy at Playland
- Take Hip Hop classes
- Visit every waterpark within a 25 mile radius
- Go for a hike up to Quarry Rock in Deep Cove
- Chill at Buntzen Lake and White Pine Lake
- Hang out at Centennial Beach in Tsawassen
- Get crazy at WildPlay Maple Ridge
- Go for a Stanley Park Bike Ride and Water Park
- Swim at Second Beach and the Outdoor Pool
- Visit Maan Farms in Abbotsford
- Take the Sea to Sky Gondola and do a hike
- Watch the gravity defying stunts at Crankworx Whistler
- Visit Granville Island/GI Water Park
- Visit the other grandparents in the Okangan and do some wine tastings (6 days)
- Rip it up at SilverStar Bike Park
So peeps, if you have any other gems to add to our summer bucket list then please add them in the comments below. And send wine. Lots of it….