As much as I like to deny the fact that I am in my 40’s by acting like I am in my 20’s, I can’t deny that for the past year or so I have experienced the following on more than one occasion:
- Waking up in the middle of the night drenched in sweat
- Having crazy irregular cycles that have almost resulted in me questioning whether immaculate conception was indeed possible
- Breaking out in horrid acne that rivals that of a hormonal teenager
- Asking everyone in the room “Is it hot in here?” on a frequent basis
- Peeling off layers of clothing at very random and inopportune moments
So, hmmmm. What could this be?
Could it be?
The M Word?
So I asked my mom a few weeks ago when she started menopause and she said……..41
That was last year for me.
So its time to stop the denial and educate myself. There are some great sites out in the interwebz like my personal fave Menopause Chicks which is chock a block of information on Menopause and Peri Menopause. Guess it’s time for me to crack open this conversation too….sigh.