Happy Canadian Thanksgiving everyone!
If you are anything like me today you got up far too early to go for a soaking wet pre-bird bike ride, and now plan to spend quality time with family and friends, eat and drink far too much, possibly watch a little bit of a ball game, and get a little too competitive over a game of Pictionary or the like. But before the shenanigans ensue, I wanted to spend a little time writing down all that I am thankful for this year.
- My BFFs – I am soooooooo very lucky to have more than a handful of super duper besties in my life that know just when to say the right thing, take me for a bike ride, or just open a bottle of wine when necessary. And to my ever expanding group of new friends that I can always count on to laugh with, bike with, and/or share beer and nachos with. You all know who you are and I am thankful for each and every one of you xoxo.
- Monday Epics – Sooo very thankful for my bike and the many kms of trails traveled thus far and for having most beautiful backyard in the world to ride in. From Whistler, to Squammie, the North Shore to the Sunshine Coast – my most happiest of places. Love love love it all. So blessed.
- Wine – Yes, I know I play up this whole wine-o thing on the blog, but I really am thankful for this golden elixr. SO THANKFUL!
- Travel – Despite an near paralyzing fear of flying, I have been so lucky to have travelled to Palm Springs, Arizona, Whistler (x10), Colorado and in a few days the T.Dot this year. Maybe not the most exotic locales but each trip was filled with many many amazing memories and was worth the hours of plane-related torture.
- My InstaWave Curler – Seriously. Beachy waves in minutes. Best. Thing. Ever.
- My Fabulous Trainer – For being wise beyond her years, for seeing the best in me even when I can’t see anything but the uber-negative and for helping me slowly but surely get fitter and stronger at a pace that is sustainable for life for me (hello chocolate almonds and wine!).
- My Boys – My sweet sweet boys, the center of my world always. They can make me cry, make me want to throw them out the nearest window, drive me to drink and make me laugh all within the same minute. Mama loves you xoxoxo