Update March 20. 2015: Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery Aquavitus takes home DOUBLE GOLD at the 2015 World Spirits Awards in Denmark! Considering Aquavit is THE national drink of Denmark, this is an amazing honour!!
Over the course of the next week I am going to be spreading the love quite heavily about an amazing family run business that is doing some amazing things with BC Fruit and the world is finally taking notice.
I posted back in February about my trip to the Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery in Kelowna and since then some BIG things have happened. Their new 17000 distillery in Vernon in now open for business and their master distiller is currently in Denmark awaiting the results from the 2015 World Spirits Championships.
So we wanted to help spread the love by sharing some of our favorite Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery recipes. First up for me is the Aquavitus Caeser. I fell back in love with Caesers last month while I was in Palm Springs and have been craving them since. It’s like lunch in a glass with a little something extra 🙂
So here is what you will need…
- Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery Aquavitus (best to keep the bottle in the freezer - icy cold)
- Mott's Clamato Juice
- Franks Red Hot Sauce
- Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt and Pepper
- Spicy Beans
- Fill a large glass with ice
- Add about an ounce of Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery Aquavitus (or less if you are new to Aquavit!)
- Fill the glass with Mott's Clamato Juice
- Add a few sprinkles of Worcestershire Sauce (to taste)
- Add a few sprinkles of Frank's Red Hot Sauce
- Add a dash of salt of pepper
- Add a few spicy beans for garnish (and for eating!)
- Stir and enjoy!
And you end up with this beauty….YUM!