So last night I had the chance to step a little bit out of my white wine and Smirnoff Ice comfort zone and dive into the world of spirits and cocktails yet again. And if you have not yet seen my post on the Aquavitus Caeser from last week then please do click on over there darling cause you are missing out on some goodness!
So, i’d like to introduce you a little cocktail known as the Clover Club. Why it is called that I have no idea as it contains nothing green, nor Irish, but anyhoo…
Here is what you’ll need….
- 2 oz Okanagan Spirits Gin
- .5 oz Okanagan Spirits Raspberry Liquer
- 4 oz Limonata (or other lemoney, sparkly drink) *this is not official, I added to recipe!
- .5 oz fresh squeezed lemon
- 1 egg white
- Cocktail shaker
- Chilled cocktail glass
- Garnish - lemon twist or raspberries
- Fill your cocktail shaker with ice
- Add the gin
- Add the raspberry liquer
- Add the fresh squeezed lemon
- Take the egg white and whip until frothy (think of meringue)
- Shake baby shake and pour over ice
- Add the Limonata
- Add garnish and enjoy!
And voila – you end up with this! A delicious cocktail that just calls to be drank on a patio on a sunny Spring afternoon.
You can order your OWN yummy spirits online via the Okanagan Spirits Craft Distillery website. Within Canada, there’s free shipping if you buy three or more bottles. They do ship internationally, but free shipping does not apply.