It’s Monday and the kids are finally going back to school (hellz to the ya!) and it finally feels like the New Year is beginning. So I am sitting here at my desk with a full inbox, a warm cuppa joe, a blank blog post and a head swirling with ideas and possibilities for the coming, and yet some paralyzing self doubt, confusion and generalized anxiety too. But anyhoo…
Last week I posted about my 2016 Word of the Year because I am not so into resolutions anymore. Resolutions just set me up to fail and then I inevitably have to deal with the constant shame spirals as each of them falls by the wayside as the year progresses. But just because I don’t believe in resolutions doesn’t mean I don’t have GOALS for the year.
Some of them are based around my 2016 word of the year, and some of the them are well…
- Start trail running and enter a trail running race – my first love is and always will be my mountain bike, but I do want to diversify this year and/or enter a few off road duathalons of sorts so that means strapping on the trail shoes and given-er. Lucky for me I have some very inspiring lady friends who already kick some serious trail ass so i will be looking to them for guidance on this journey to master the trails (and maybe get over my bear fear at the same time)
- Take those blasted Omegas – And vitamins, and glucosamine, and all the other good-for-me but horrid tasting pills and things I am forced to take each day. But my joints and muscles and skin will love me for it so am sucking it up – literally!
- Ride my bike at least 2-3 x per week – For various reasons this past month has seen the littlest amount of trail time in all of 2015. And it SUCKS! My bestie was away, bike was broken, snow had fallen, days were shorter blah blah but it all added up to not much time in the saddle. Sad face.
- Complete a bike “race” – Now take this with a grain of salt y’all – I don’t really want to compete per se but actually enter a race and finish it in one piece. I am aiming low and that’s ok.
- Make enough money to charge GST – Yes, don’t laugh. But my part time business has really been part time for far too long now. I haven’t had the courage to really try to push to the next level, which laughably is actually cracking the “must charge GST” amount. Onward and upward!
- Spend some time “away” – This doesn’t necessarily mean a huge exotic trip but I would like to spend at least 4-5 weeks somewhere other than home in the burbs. Thinking this will be a summer mission and will most likely involve somewhere I can ride bikes. Whistler anyone?
- Do something batsh*t crazy – I am not sure quite what yet, but I have some ideas, and some of them are OUT THERE and not ones I am willing to share on the blog ….yet 🙂
- Get through my %$^#&%*%^ To-Do list – Somewhat shamefully I have a to-do list on my phone with items that are now carrying over from 2014. You know, stuff like checking your lady bits and getting hair zapped, but also items that are literally costing me money (hello old gym membership that I haven’t used in over a year) each passing month so it’s time to just get sh*t done.
- Be ok with being alone. And I am not talking about having a nice day to yourself here and there but really being ok with being alone and that I don’t need others to validate my self worth.
- Stop drinking so much – Ba ha ha ha ha ha ha…kidding!